Subjects covered include:
• The law in relation to weapons and improvised weapons
• The types of weapons (made, adapted & intended)
• Typical injuries sustained by weapons
• Threat assessment and solutions options
• Controlling range and creating a reactionary gap
• Self Defence and the Law in relation
• Physical Skills techniques in reaction to threats from weapons
• Use of everyday items as weapons (weapons of opportunity)
• Improvised weapons crafted from everyday items
• Training drills including practice and pressure testing
• Post incident procedures (reporting, first aid, support)
The course is run over half a day; however, due to the nature of the course delegates may feel extensive practice of techniques is required to ensure skill retention. In this case a full day can be catered for.
Please be aware that a maximum of 8 candidates can be catered for per course. Additional numbers can be provided for, however the provision of extra trainers will have to be accounted for. Please get in touch for a quote.